30 Vitalising Things To Do Around Alpine Wengen In February 2020
Welcome to Alpine Wengen Resort, to make your stay a special one here are some energising things to do in Wengen in February.
Alpine Wengen is a world famous mountain resort lying at 1274m. It is an amphitheatre of alpine mountain giants. Simply enjoy the setting and in addition relax in the pure Alpine air. If you must find things to do then here are a wealth of ideas! Furthermore they are all to hand! Several understandably are weather dependent so please have an eye on that forecast. Much more information is available at the Tourist Office, Wengen or online. To realise your plans, be sure to book in advance however several are available for spur-of-the-moment whims!
1. Ski kilometres of pistes in the three scenic areas of Wengen-Grindelwald, Mürren-Schilthorn and First-Grindelwald; Skiing down into the village itself.
2. Be a ski racer and test your expertise on the famous Lauberhorn Downhill Ski Race Course.
3. Enjoy some instructive fun and meet friends on the village nursery slopes with the Swiss Ski and Snowboard School Wengen.
4. Be illuminated by the explosive exploits of the experts, with fireworks. Snow Show: Mondays at 21.00h on the Figeler : 3./10./17./24.02.2020.
5. Ski in the Spotlight. Night Skiing Tuesday at 19.00h on the Figeler : 28.01-03.03.2020.
6. Why not release some competitive adrenaline at the Guest Ski Races? Friday at 17.30h on the Figeler : 31.01-06.03.2020.
7. Learn the slippery sport of curling. Curling For Everybody: Wednesday at 16.00h on the ice rink : 01.02-25.03.2020
8. Take a turn on the ice. Ice Skating Wengen: December to March : 9.30-18.00h.
9. Scrunch snow on the guided Snow Shoe Hike. Thursday at 16.30h : 02.01-26.03.2020.
10. Snap the scenery, stroll downhill or get fit with some serious uphill hikes.
11. ‘Wheeee’ down the slopes on a toboggan, calling at the Bergrestaurant, Hotel Jungfrau Wengernalp for refreshments and super views of the Jungfrau Mountain.
12. Zip up to the Männlichen Winter Paradise by cablecar for a Royal Experience. Operating 01.02 – 13.04.2020 from Wengen : 8.15-16.45h Last descent from Männlichen 17.00h.
13. ‘Rack’ your way up to Kleine Scheidegg and the Jungfraujoch “Top of Europe” aboard the Swiss cogwheel railways, Wengernalpbahn and Jungfraubahn.
14. Be truly adventurous and book a Mountain Tour.
15. Whirrrr over the Jungfrau Mountain on a helicopter flight. Available from the heliports or on Männlichen in good weather and on peak season days.
16. Gently float on a thermal; Paragliding by arrangement with various providers.
17. A little ‘après ski’ partying for children at ‘Hasenstall’, Hotel Silberhorn : Thursday at 16.00h : 06./13./20./27.02.2020
18. Entertain the ‘Littlies’ at the Puppet Theatre, German speaking. Wednesday at 17.00h : 29.01-18.03.2020
19. Step into a local Swiss world on the Culinary Village Tour: Monday at 17.30h : 23.12.2019-13.04.2020
20. Head to the Sunstar Hotel for some Swiss folklore entertainment.
21. Experience a romantic Candlelit Night Spa at Arenas Resort Victoria-Lauberhorn.
22. Meditate at the Happy Minutes Yoga, Wednesday 19.00-20.00h : Arenas Resort
23. Plunge into early morning Aqua Fitness on Saturday 08.00-09.00h : Arenas Resort
24. Head to several hotels for live music. See the weekly activities calendar online.
25. Forkfuls of Gala dinner at the Hotel Silberhorn on Sundays from 18.00h
26. Bear Breakfasts at the Hotel Bären : 7.30-11.30h : daily.
27. Cheese fondue savouring at the Fondue Chalet: Victoria Lauberhorn Hotel, Alpine Wengen.
28. Indulge your palate with Beer or Gin Tasting at Victoria Lauberhorn Hotel : Tuesday at 18.00.h
29. Have a cosy winter evening Grill Buffet BBQ at Arenas Resort Victoria-Lauberhorn : Saturday from 18.00h.
30. Relax with a Sauna and Massage at the Maya Caprice Wellness Center. Mon-Sun 10.00-21.00h