Alpine Herdsman’s Playground
Imagine an Alpine playground offering the natural challenges once experienced by a young herdsman in the Alps. Within a mountain scape of snowy peaks and alpine meadow, Männlichen offers a challenging raft of rope bridges to cross to reach the ‘refuge’ of the Alpine hut. In addition, seesaws, swings and trampolines add to the fun. Of course the herds of cows summering on the alp come in normal cow size but the oversized cow made of wood and steel has an amazing interior, a viewing platform and even a slide.
Parents of older children can relax on the terrace of the Alpine Berghaus and enjoy refreshments and sunshine whilst keeping a watchful eye on their youngsters at play.
Getting to the Alpine Playground
Männlichen playground is a short but stunning 5-6 minute aerial cableway ride from the centre of Wengen and a short romp over the alp. Take the cabin balcony option for spectacular instagram photos of yourselves gliding above the idyllic resort of Wengen and the spectacular Lauterbrunnen Valley.
Männlichen is a playground in more ways than one…
– Take a short but steep hike up to the crown for a truly panoramic view.
– Take the kids on the ‘Lieselotte Trail’.
– Hike down across stream and alp and through pine forest to Bustiglen and Alpiglen.
– Cross the Tschuggen mountainside with views of Eiger Mönch and Jungfrau Mountains, to Kleine Scheidegg.
– Identify Alpine flowers in season.
– Take the aerial cablecar to the Terminal, and then the Eiger Express to Eigergletscher and cogwheel railway back to Wengen for a scenic, effortless day in the Alps.
Finding Accommodation in Wengen
Alpine Holiday Services offers a range of unique accommodations in Wengen, prepared to a very high standard to ensure your stay with us is truly special.
Browse the various experiences we offer at alpineholidayservices.ch
Easy booking online and don’t miss the exciting Wengen activities and experiences offered by our 3rd party partners, all pre-bookable online at alpineholidayservices.ch.